Learn first aid skills to help someone who is developing mental health problems or is experiencing a mental health crisis.
The Course Covers The Following Topics:
- What is meant by mental health and mental illness, (mental health problems).
- Signs and symptoms of common mental health problems and response to crisis situations.
- A basic 5-step model to provide Mental Health First Aid.
- Information about effective interventions, treatments and resources.
- How to access professional help.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone can benefit from Mental Health First Aid – Members of the general public, teachers, health service providers, emergency workers, frontline workers who deal with the public, volunteers, human resources professionals, employers, employees, community groups.
(This course does not train you to be a therapist, counsellor or mental health professional)
Facilitator: Neil Harris
DATES: Thursday & Friday, September 21 & 22, 2017
TIME: 9:00am – 4:00pm