- Literacy Tutoring in reading, writing, math and English Language
- Newcomer Centre: welcome bags, community information
- English Language Training: classes, tutoring, assistance
- Community Learning Classes: personal development, art, technology, safety, youth
Facts about CLASS
- CLASS: Community Learning for Adult Students Society
- Coordinates, encourages and promotes lifelong learning within the County of Vermilion River
- Established in 1973
- Became a non-profit society in 1998
- Operates largely with volunteer workers
- Belongs to a network of over 81 Learning Councils in Alberta
- Is a member of the Community Learning Network
CLASS Statements 2017-18
CLASS believes in improving life through learning.
We value: lifelong learning, individuality, dignity of all people, integrity, respect of all people, responsibility and empowerment.
CLASS exists to facilitate lifelong learning to enhance quality of life.
CLASS is a progressive, welcoming community learning centre supporting and delivering inclusive opportunities in the County of Vermilion River.
- To follow CALP Guidelines
- To have effective community learning programs, services and educational supports.
- To have the financial resources to meet the needs of CLASS
- To have a profile that provides public education and awareness
- To have an effective governing Board