- Literacy Tutoring in reading, writing, math and English Language
- Newcomer Centre: welcome bags, community information
- English Language Training: classes, tutoring, assistance
- Community Learning Classes: personal development, art, technology, safety, youth
Facts about CLASS
- CLASS: Community Learning for Adult Students Society
- Coordinates, encourages and promotes lifelong learning within the County of Vermilion River
- Established in 1973
- Became a non-profit society in 1998
- Operates largely with volunteer workers
- Belongs to a network of over 81 Learning Councils in Alberta
- Is a member of the Community Learning Network
CLASS Statements 2019-20
CLASS believes in improving life through learning.
We value: lifelong learning, individuality, dignity of all people, integrity, respect of all people, responsibility and empowerment.
CLASS connects learners and resources to enhance quality of life within the County of Vermilion River.
A community of curious, informed and connected lifelong learners.
- To follow CALP Guidelines
- To have effective community learning programs, services and educational supports.
- To have the financial resources to meet the needs of CLASS
- To have a profile that provides public education and awareness
- To have an effective governing Board